Saturday, May 23, 2015

The beginning - War on clutter Project

Going forward with my War on clutter Project, i have to say i won the battle of the bedside drawer!
Everyone has "that" drawer, preferably by their bedside, where in one reach of an arm, you can dump whatever it is that you prefer not seeing on the outside.
The space looks small, built with an intent to keep things needed at the bedside - but once you start dumping things in - it seems like a bottomless pit, or like the stomach of my dog - no matter how much you feed it, it can eat more. And slowly the clutter increases, and accumulates and you keep thinking to yourself - "one day i will sort it out".
That day my Day 1 of War on clutter.
Keeping with my battle plan of attacking small spaces with viscous strikes - with my trusted dustbin and box for collecting things needed, but not to be kept in that drawer - i charged!

The enemy -Clutter and the wine opener that i had been looking for kept captive by the enemy - rescued to great joy and warm welcome

My trusted commander in chief

After taking hard decisions - throw, give away, change, destroy and preserve - awaiting space allocation i had a completely changed drawer.
The top drawer for things needed next to the bed - odomos, bug spray, sleep patch, a torch, chargers.
And bottom drawer - which surprisingly had nothing left in it has become the new medicine cabinet - with expired tablets being thrown out and new ones bought and stored nicely.

Organized top bedside drawer 
Bottom Drawer - that was turned into a medicine storage space


This project gave rise to the another DIY activity - making pattern paper at home. Since i didn't particularly like the look of the plain brown box, i decided to make my own pattern paper in orange with white polka dots!
I took 2 A4 size papers - got something round in the  size of my polka dots - coins would work too and  painted around these round thingys.
And voila - i had my pretty pattern paper. I wrapped it around my brown box - and transformed it into a pretty polka dotted box!
A Friday afternoon well spent!



Turning plain paper to pretty paper!





All's well that end well


I am ready for the next battle. The enemy seems forewarned now.
With the surprise element lost, the task is going to be uphill now!
Wish me luck.







No comments:

Post a Comment